Leading environmentalist & CEO of Earth Friendly Products, Van Vlahakis passed away

Leading environmentalist & CEO of Earth Friendly Products, Van Vlahakis passed away

• Today, family, friends and employees are grieving the loss of a father, friend, and true pioneer in the green living and sustainable world.
  • We knew Dr. Van Vlahakis and are sharing their pain.
  • Van VlahakisCEO and Founder of Earth Friendly Products passed away on April 6, 2014.
  • My father was my hero. He taught me to be resilient, courageous and compassionate. He taught me the importance of being not only environmentally responsible, but also socially compassionate. He was a visionary who lived his life according to his ideals, and I can only hope to live up to the beautiful example he set. He was the best father in the world; it was an honor and a privilege to be his daughter,” says Kelly Vlahakis-Hanks.
  • Dr. Vlahakis was a true visionary and his inspiring life made it on the big screen in a movie called a Green Story.
  • He fulfilled the quintessential American dream. As a Greek immigrant he arrived in America with barely any money. Twenty dollars to be exact and overcame many obstacles.
  • Today, Earth Friendly Products is is the largest plant-derived green cleaning products manufacturer in the US.
  • It provides affordable and chemical-free products that are environmentally responsible. It is a “champion” in the eyes of the Environmental Protection Agency.
  • I profoundly believe we should all respect Mother Nature, embrace the new era of sustainability and live a healthier and greener life. I have dedicated my life to promoting this message and wanted to make an impact in the world we live in. With my hard work and real passion for green living I have tried to make a difference,” he shared with us  a few month ago.
  • Dr. Van Vlahakis is survived byhis children John Vlahakis (Stephanie Anton Vlahakis), Elli Manolas (John Manolas), Kelly Vlahakis-Hanks (Eric Hanks); and by his grandchildren Alexandra Vlahakis, Ian Vlahakis, Zachary Vlahakis, Nicole Manolas, Stacy Manolas, Kasia Manolas and Alexsia Hanks.
  • Our tribute to Dr. Vlahakis:
  • We learn about the imminence of death, when we lose someone dear and that living is the privilege of those who will eventually die.
  • Your vision, leadership, and true compassion will remain an inspiration to us.
  • As we reflect upon his life and the way he respected mother nature, we would like to dedicate this poem to him:
  • Who made the world?
  • 
Who made the swan, and the black bear?
  • 
Who made the grasshopper?

• This grasshopper,

• I mean-the one who has flung herself out of the grass,
  • 
The one who is eating sugar out of my hand, who is moving her jaws back and forth instead of up and down-
who is gazing around with her enormous and complicated eyes.

• Now she lifts her pale forearms and thoroughly washes her face.

• Now she snaps her wings open, and floats away.

• I don’t know exactly what a prayer is.

• I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass, 
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
 which is what I have been doing all day.

• Tell me, what else should I have done?
  • 
Doesn’t everything die at last, and too soon?

• Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?
  • by Mary Oliver
  • Van, you will remain in our hearts always. Thank you for impacting the world.
  • For more on Dr. Van Vlahakis and his green tips.
  • For more on Earth Friendly Products.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Yes, I would like to receive emails from StepIn2MyGreenWorld. Sign me up!

By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: . You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact