The colon is an essential for a healthy digestive system. The purpose of the colon is to process waste from the food you eat, turn it into feces, and send it out of your body.
According to the American Cancer Society, “Colorectal cancer is the third most common cancer diagnosed in both men and women in the United States.” It is important to keep the colon clean and healthy to prevent constipation, colon diseases, and colon cancer.
Did you know?
The Colon: It is filled with good and bad bacteria. You want to keep your colon in healthy condition and running smoothly to flush out toxic chemicals.
Eat or drink more of the following:
2. Water: It is important to drink plenty of water. It not only helps the colon, but cleanses the whole digestive system, making it run more efficiently. Get a good water filter to make sure you are drinking pure water.
3. Cucumber: They contain a very high amount of water, which we have seen is great for the colon. The peels are also loaded with fiber, which help remove toxins in the gut.
5. Raw honey: Good raw honey such as organic manuka honey helps reduce colon inflammation in cases of inflammatory bowel disease.
6. Lemons: They are a great source of vitamin C, which destroys free radicals and toxins throughout the body. Free radicals are linked to serious diseases including colon cancer.
Colon cleanse recipe:
Juice the following ingredients:
1 stalk celery
2 tsp of raw honey
Juice of 1 lemon
Add 1 cup of filtered water
Mix the ingredients well
You can drink this mixture on a regular basis once a day
Make sure all ingredients are organic and that the water is filtered
We recommend Aquasana as a reputable source for water filters.
As always: Check with your health practitioner before you change your diet and see if this is organic drink is right for you. This drink is not meant to replace any treatment or drugs you are taking
1. “What Are the Key Statistics about Colorectal Cancer?” American Cancer Society. Http://cancer.org, 24 May 2012. Web. 11 July 2013.
2. “Apple Extract Kills Colon Cancer Cells Better than Chemo Drug in Latest Study.” NaturalNews, 28 Mar. 2013. Web. 11 July 2013.
3. “Study Shows Carrots and Celery May Prevent Colon Cancer.” Stop Colon Cancer Now. StopColonCancerNow.com, n.d. Web. 11 July 2013.
4. Glover, Hilary, MD. “Plant Flavonoid Luteolin Blocks Cell Signaling Pathways in Colon Cancer Cells.” BioMed Central. http://biomedcentral.com, 23 Jan. 2012. Web. 11 July 2013.
5. “Effect of Different Doses of Manuka Honey in Experimentally Induced Inflammatory Bowel Disease in Rats.” National Center for Biotechnology Information. U.S. National Library of Medicine, 22 Nov. 2008. Web. 11 July 2013.