Flu and Cold Buster
From our kitchen to yours: This is by far our favorite flu and cold buster remedy.
This beats any over the counter medication, and you won’t have all the sugar in it.
What you need:
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1 crushed organic garlic clove
- ¼ tsp raw ginger
- 1 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp raw and organic honey
- Dissolve cayenne and ginger in apple cider vinegar
- Add honey and crushed garlic
- Shake well
- Take 1 tbsp as needed for cough and when feeling under the weather
NOTE: you can keep up to 6 months refrigerated (without the garlic). I suggest you add the fresh garlic as you go, as it will not keep more than a week otherwise. For an even more potent version use Manuka Honey.
We recommend the Snugglespoon Honey from Living Tree Community Foods for this recipe or the Manuka Honey.
As always: Check with your health practitioner before you change your diet and see if this is right for you. This is not meant to replace any treatment or drugs you are taking.
- For the health benefits of Manuka Honey.
- For an ACV sore throat gargle.
- For a flu shot soup.
- Raw honey: the healing treasure.
- For the top 10 benefits of organic apple cider vinegar.
- For an immune booster cayenne pepper smoothie.
- For a cough reliever recipe.