- This urinary tract recipe is packed with ingredients containing healing properties that can help with Urinary Tract Infection (UTI).
- UTIs are more common among women than men. They can occur anywhere along the urinary tract, which includes the bladder, urethra, and ureter. These infections account for 8 million trips to the doctor’s office every year and cost more than $1.6 billion to treat.Adhesion of E. coli bacteria to cells lining the urinary tract is the first step in the development of a UTI. Chemicals found in cranberry products called proanthocyanidins (PACs) prevent E. coli, which is the cause of about 85% of UTIs from adhering to these urinary tract epithelial cells by affecting the surface properties of the bacteria. Celery is a superstar. It is recommended in most diet plans. It has cleansing properties that regulate body fluid by acting as a diuretic. The Luteolin found in celery has been shown to be highly effective against inflammation and cancer.
- On top of containing proanthocyanidins, cranberries are also rich in Antioxidants and nearly outrank almost every fruit and vegetable. ONE CUP of cranberries has 8,983 total antioxidant capacity!
- 2 cups cranberries
2 cups spinach
2 celery stalks ( yo u can add up to 4)
- Make sure all the ingredients are organic.
- You can drink 2 to 3 times a day.
- Alternate with the spring detox #1 for optimum results.
- As always: Talk to your health practitioner or nutritionist before starting a detox.
- People who take the blood-thinning medication warfarin should avoid cranberry products because they can interact with warfarin and cause excess bleeding.
- For the spring detox #1.
- For the spring detox #2.
- For a detox bath recipe.