Pineapples are a tropical plants with edible multiple fruits. They are consumed fresh, juiced and cooked. In addition to consumption, in the Philippines the pineapple’s leaves are used to produce the textile fiber piña. which is often used for wall paper and furnishings.
Pineapple juice is one of the best way of consuming pineapples. It is packed with vitamins and enzymes and has many health benefits.
To get the health benefits: Make sure you drink fresh pineapple juice and NOT processed pineapple juice. Most of the time processed pineapple juice has refined sugar or preservatives.
- Pineapple juice contains bromelain, a natural anti-inflammatory enzyme. This enzyme can rival potent pharmaceuticals such as NSAIDs and steroids. When bromelain is combined with Indian spice “turmeric” it is even more potent. It also aids with digestion by helping the body break down proteins.
- It helps healing of bruises and can alleviate arthritis pain .
- Digestive aid:
- Bromelain also aids with digestion by helping the body break down proteins.
- rival even the effects of potent pharmaceuticals such as NSAIDs and steroids, especially when bromelain is combined with the Indian spice turmeric (curcumin).
- Natural antioxidant:
- Pineapple juice is packed with vitamin C
- An 8-oz. serving of pineapple juice contains 75% of the daily recommended amount of vitamin C.. Vitamin Cas a natural antoxidant boosts the immune system.
- It helps tissue and healing of wounds.
- Energy booster:
- Pineapple juice contains thiamine and B6.
- Thiamine belongs to the vitamin B group.
- It helps convert carbohydrates into energy and boosts the immune system too.
- The vitamin B6 stabilizes the blood sugar.
- Kidney health:
- Pineapple juice is rich in potassium which promotes kidney function.
- The potassium helps you with electrolyte balance, which help with muscle cramps and soreness.
- FOR MORE ON TURMERIC.
- Health benefits of eating pineapples
- Health Care: Health Benefits of Raw Pineapple Juice
- Pineapple Juice: The Health Benefits of Pineapple Juice
- Pineapple nutrition facts